Pages

April 22, 2009

Every Day Is Earth Day!



What a beautiful day it is here in Florida. Would be a shame for anyone to have to spend it indoors! Today being Earth Day brings to mind further what a shame it would be if our children could not enjoy nature and our world as we know it now. It's ever changing, and not for the good! The kids and I have been working hard as a family on little things that can help our world for some time now. Everything from recycling, using re-usable bags for shopping, turning off and unplugging appliances when not in use, exchanging the old light bulbs with the new energy efficient ones (can be costly so we do a couple at a time instead of all at once), and many other things, as we can. We spend a lot of our playtime/weekends outside enjoying nature and they are so in love with the trees, the waters, the bugs, the animals, all that is outside, just as I do! What a blessing. The old Native American proverb is so true..."We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we BORROW it from our children". I used this quote in one of my ACEO cards and would like to use it again. I'm not sure if I like how it turned out, so I will probably do another and focus on the lettering a bit more. Happy Earth Day everyone, and remember....EVERY DAY IS EARTH DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...