Pages

October 21, 2009

Sammy and Marshmallow

Now that I'm living in the world of healthy again.....well, almost healthy, I guess it's time to get back to blogging and creating. Let me just say, I do not like being sick! And I have to be really sick to even consider being noted as sick in the first place....and believe me....I was!! About a week ago, I seemed to have developed a nice case of strep throat that was enhanced with fever, body aches, cough and congestion (that started to get pretty serious) and an overall weakness that left me....well....pathetic. Not fun! But I seemed to have recovered, for the most part, and am back in the saddle again! Woo Hoo! Prior to getting sick though, I had actually started a small painting that I wanted to do about/for my daughter, Hannah. Perhaps even a 'series' of sorts....we'll see. Anyway, Hannah is such a beautiful young girl and has a gentle, loving spirit and especially has an enormous love for nature and animals. Well, a little over a year ago, she was given 2 gerbils for her birthday that she lovingly named Sammy and Marshmallow. Her first real pets. And......we also have a beautiful white cat named Zeus............

Well, without going into detail, let's just say Zeus and Marshmallow had a run-in of sorts. It wasn't pretty! And then, as gerbils do, Sammy died several months later as well. Hannah still talks about them fondly, so I wanted to include them in my little painting. She is actually writing a book called The Adventures of Sammy and Marshmallow in which she is quite the talented writer, especially for a 10 year old. I told her I could illustrate it for her. How unique would that be! This little painting is 8x10, done in acrylics and was so much fun to do. Not my usual type of work but enjoyed it just the same. I may play with this idea a little more and see what I can come up with. You just never know.......

During my recent episode of being sick, we were blessed here in Florida with our first few days of cold weather (actually got into the 50's). I didn't get to enjoy it much, sadly, due to being totally incapacitated....but the kids couldn't wait to spend their time outside and soak it all in!


I had the windows open (love that!) and for the first time, probably, ever....they were quiet outside. Hmmmmm......had to get up and take a look. They had taken several blankets out of the van that we use for picnics, laid them out in the front yard, loaded up a handful of toys and books and just hung out together. Quietly, none-the-less. It was soooo very sweet. I didn't want it to end. They really didn't want to come back inside.

It's amazing really, how a gorgeous day of cool weather brings out such beauty!!! What a blessing!
....God, who gives us richly ALL things to enjoy.
1Timothy 6:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...