Pages

July 23, 2010

Dreams And New Shop

Well, here it is. The new project(s) that I have been working on.

As I mentioned in the last post, this has been something I have had creating in my mind for such a long time...for years really. In fact I have quite an assortment of unfinished wood items that I have collected over the years...just waiting for me to get started.

After I hand draw the images onto the wooden piece, I wood burn the image into it, which has afforded me a couple little burns too. (Note to self....will need special gloves)

After that, I stain each portion and then proceed to paint it. My goal is to incorporate inspirational words and additional wooden elements for a bit of whimsy.

Lastly, I seal it with a non-yellowing varnish to protect it for generations to come!

I have a few other pieces completed as well and will have to get those uploaded tomorrow. In lieu of this new venture, I have also opened a new Etsy shop for this type of work called..... Divine Design Too! Make sure to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...