Pages

July 6, 2010

The Football Mural

Most who know me, know that football is not my thing...so when I was contacted about doing a football mural for a teenager...I of course thought, uhh ohh! Let's just say, I know a lot more about football now than I did before...LOL. The story behind all this was so wonderful, too. Sharie and Steve wanted to surprise their teenage boy with a mural for his room while he was away at football camp. About 13 months ago, he gave up his room to his grandmother when her house burned down and this was in the midst of her recovering from cancer and the passing of the grandfather, too. It must have been such a difficult time for them all. So this gesture for their son was to show him gratitude for what he gave up for the family. What a wonderful gift.

The best part is that I was able to meet 2 of the most beautiful people anyone would be blessed to come to know. Sharie and Steve's generosity to me and my children was extraordinary. They are kind and loving from deep down and this project was a pleasure.

Their son was certainly surprised when he got home, having no idea what was behind his door. The football player is Tim Couch and those in the stands were renditions of their family. And Sharie made sure that the bedspread, curtains and pillows were all of the Cleveland Browns, too. I have been blessed to have been part of this wonderful gift!

....It is more blessed to give than to receive.
Acts 20:35


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...