Pages

January 5, 2011

leftovers from 2010

Happy New Year Everyone!
2011 is already showing itself to be quite busy and among other things, I am really trying to clean up anything 'unfinished' from 2010. I thought I should at least post a few of the most recent ACEO's I did in 2010. December was CRAZY for me (as I am sure it has been for many!!) so the one way I could make sure to always create was to carry my little travel kit with blank ACEO cards and my Micron ink pen...ready to use at any down-time (waiting rooms, taking the kids to the park, really bad traffic, etc) away from my studio. Let's just say there was A LOT of pen-and-ink work in December! Not a bad thing though. I really love pen work and I love ACEO's, so it was a successful month, too.

'Thinking' 2.5"x3.5" Pen & Ink on 140# Watercolor Paper
Click here...Original ACEO in my Etsy Shop
' Treasure Found' 2.5"x3.5" Pen & Ink on 140# Watercolor PaperClick here...Original ACEO in my Etsy Shop

' Peaceful' 2.5"x3.5" Pen & Ink on 140# Watercolor Paper
Click here...Original ACEO in my Etsy Shop

'Trees' 2.5"x3.5" Pen & Ink on 140# Watercolor Paper
Click here...Original ACEO in my Etsy Shop


At the end of 2010, I finished everything that was commissioned and started on several new pieces. The kids and I worked on several artistic gifts for family and friends and I created some random artwork, too. All the while, my mind is filling fast with all that I want to do in 2011. I am really looking forward to all that lies ahead (regardless of what my life looks like right now). Something that I have wanted to do for quite some time is some sort of 'ART A DAY' venture, challenging me to create every single day for an entire year. Well, I was reminded of it recently from another member of the ACEO Etsy Street Team that I belong to. So I decided, what the heck...let's do it! Since I wanted to be as realistic as possible I decided I really needed to work small...for some days are just simply filled to the max. ACEO's are my answer! These would allow me to try new techniques, styles, mediums, etc. and they would be small and hopefully quicker. The problem will be getting them posted, but I'll do my best. I have already created the first 4 (still have to do today's) so I am off to photograph them and get them posted. I will try to do all 4 today and since I often do ACEO's very late at night, each piece will probably be posted the following day. I hope to stay faithful regardless of what is going on each day. I hope.


4 comments:

  1. Ok Lorrie, Love 'Thinking' a brilliant Easter Idea, love all your creations, and you cram so much creativity into your other chores, that is creative in itself) Well Done : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Never thought about that one for Easter, but will keep that in mind for other pieces. And I really could use a few extra hours every day, that is for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your style and approach to keeping art alive in a busy life. I think the tiny bird on the giant egg should be titled "Ambition" ! *G*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much! Love the 'Ambition' title, too! Going to have to use that as a title on one of my next works.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...