Pages

June 7, 2011

changes are upon us

Change is good! Right? Well, around here, everything seems to be changing lately, and at warp speed!

My beautiful Hannah just had her 12th birthday and I swear it was just yesterday when I brought her home from the hospital. I know I'll still be saying that when she's 22, but for now I am in utter shock that she is already 12. I am watching her become a young lady...scary and beautiful all at once.

And then there's Nathaniel, my little man! 6 going on 26! He's graduating from Kindergarten this week, and as it looks, will be heading to 2nd grade. I am really going to have to get a new pair of roller skates to keep up with these guys. I really didn't know I could love anyone so much! They are my life.

For Hannah's sleepover birthday party, I had purchased some air drying modeling clay that I thought would be fun for the girls (6 of them) to create some little sculptures, pendants, etc with the clay, and then paint them the second day. Well, let's just say that when you get six 12-year-old girls together for a sleepover, getting them to sit still for a 'project' is a bit hit-and-miss. I missed! No biggie, more for me. It's been a while since I had played with the clay and it didn't take long before I was HOOKED...again! I sculpted several little figures and the owl is the only one finished so far. I am not exactly sure what I am going to do with him though. Thought I might turn him into a brooch or pendant, or some sort of mixed media piece, maybe. I have some 3.5"x3.5"canvas covered blocks I made a while back that might be fun to add the head and paint in the rest of the body on the canvas. Hmmmm. Many choices, but one thing for sure is...I LOVED making these. I LOVED working with the clay again. I so feel some changes happening.

'My Purple Purse' 8"x8" Acrylic and Gold Leaf on Canvas
Click here...Original ACEO in my Etsy Shop
This little painting I did last week. I have wanted to create a series of 'boudoir' pieces, of sorts, for a while now...like purses, shoes, lipstick, etc. I added the gold leaf which I think really makes it pop and interesting, too. I also have some fun ideas for the kitchen as well. So many ideas, 24 hours in a day....what's a girl to do?

And here is one more. A painting that I have been working on this past week that isn't finished yet. He is much bigger, 20"x20". The Bug-Eyed ACEO from my last post actually inspired this piece and I am considering some new ideas, so we'll just have to wait to see how it gets finished. I don't have the photos ready, but I have some pen and ink/watercolors to show you, too. It's been a busy, messy week and it really shows in my studio. My mind feels a little messy lately, too. Ultimately, I think I am headed for some CHANGE...but I will have to talk more about that next time. See you then......

2 comments:

  1. I love the colours in your paintings and the lovely little face of your owl...the kids get top marks for simple beauty, however! You're obviously doing SOMETHING right! *G*

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful, aren't they?! But of course, I am a bit partial. I am blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...