Pages

June 27, 2011

the traveling aceo

When your weeks are filled with appointments, of every kind, it can be quite difficult to create...and that's the way it has been these past few weeks. Whether it has been for me or the kids, I just have not been at my studio to create for a good portion of every day. No fear! These are the times that I especially work on ACEO's. Ahhhh, the wonderful, magnificent, tiny, travel worthy ACEO. How perfect.

'Believe In Yourself' - Original Mixed Media ACEO 2.5"x3.5"
Pen & Ink, White Gel Pen, Scrap Art Paper, Ephemera on 180 lb.Hot Press WC Paper
Click here...Original ACEO in my Etsy Shop
I have a great little carry case (as seen here in this post) that holds almost everything I need to get ACEO's started (and many times finished). So, while waiting in waiting rooms, at the park, or wherever, I can pull out my supplies discretely and work on an ACEO. The kids even know to make sure, before we leave the house, that I have my carry case with me. I don't leave home without it!

'Deep' - Original Mixed Media ACEO 2.5"x3.5"
Watercolor, Pen & Ink on 180 lb.Hot Press WC Paper
Click here...Original ACEO in my Etsy Shop

In my little carry case, along with pens of every kind, pencils, watercolor pencils, markers, a multitude of pre-cut ACEOs, prepped watercolor ACEOs, ephemera, cutting tools, the works!!

The pre-prepped watercolor cards are often great inspiration and they are perfect for backgrounds to the multi-layered pieces, too. Oh, how I love the this little thing called an ACEO!

8 comments:

  1. So many adorable paintings..I especially love "Home Sweet Home"....I visited your older blog with your carry case...great idea...and I love your cat...I have a kitty that looks just like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Deborah! That case has been a huge help (as long as I can keep Rocco from curling up in it!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love the new ACEOs. And the case is a great idea. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorrie, I do truly love your art! Very beautiful, all of them ;o)I agree with the other girls, the case is a great idea ;o) Have a terrific day ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! The case (from a childs tea set) I found in a thrift store for a couple bucks. Hope you all find your perfect carrying case, too!! Keep your eyes open wide...it could be disguised as almost anything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant, Lorrie. Your carrying case is fab with all those pockets! I would love to have something like this to take to the beach, so I'll have to keep my eyes open for a special case of my own =) Kathryn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...