Pages

June 25, 2013

wearable art shoulder bags

I have been working on numerous projects around here in the midst of...well, Life! One of the newest projects is wearable art in the form of shoulder bags. I have created these types of bags for years and years, and have even created a few of these styles for a little boutique here locally. So now, it's my turn!


'Blue Shell' OOAK Handpainted & Embellished Artsy Shoulder Bag

SOLD


'Heart with Wings'  OOAK Handpainted & Embellished Artsy Shoulder Bag

SOLD




'Starry Owl'  OOAK Handpainted & Embellished Artsy Shoulder Bag

SOLD

One of the things I have wanted to do for a while now is incorporate my actual art into the piece. Something simple, fun, unique, impressive...all wrapped into one. I finished about 25 shoulder bags so far and will start posting them here and adding them to my Etsy shop over the next week. Sadly, my camera has decided to break down, so getting the images completed has been a fiasco. Keeping faith though! A good camera is in my future!! Amen!

Each bag is crafted from scratch using mostly repurposed or upcycled fabrics and other fiber materials, beads and buttons (mostly vintage), and visible freeform and hand stitching. If the bag has artwork attached, I painted that separately on a lightweight muslin and attached that to the piece, allowing and adding further imperfections and artful tattering to enhance the personality of each piece. The final bag ends up a wearable piece of art that is sure to turn heads! I do hope you like them and stay tuned...there are many more to be posted and listed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...