Pages

April 4, 2014

barn owl beauty

  'Barn Owl Beauty' Acrylic 20"x20"

Exploring I have been. And I do love where this is taking me. Oh, the colors! It's amazing how a color can change the way you feel. Can set a mood. Love it!




This little guy makes me happy. Something about his face. His surroundings. The colors. I loved the process of building it all. I put the brush down, once again, and used my fingers mostly and all kinds of objects. It's not a new process for me, using lids from bottles or jars, bubble wrap, crumbled papers, tubes, old gift cards...anything I could find that would add dimension, depth, design. It is such a freeing process and I am especially enjoying this continued exploration. I am especially enjoying painting objects and characters of nature lately. I always have, really, but especially now. So peaceful. There is so much beauty to be found in nature. Can't wait to see what I find next.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...