Pages

April 28, 2014

the Lord is my rock!



The Lord is my Rock....and Thank God that He is!! Everyday my relationship with the Lord grows and in that, I grow as well. As a mother, a friend, an artist, a person. I have learned patience, forgiveness, compassion, faith and so, so much more. I am Blessed.

"The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge..." Psalms18:2

Vintage Bible Page, Pen & Ink, Prismacolor Colored Pencils (approx 5"x7.5")

I have been creating artwork on vintage book pages for a very long time now and have recently been adding to the collection, almost daily. I have always been in love with old or vintage books and papers and years ago when I came upon a few vintage books that were falling apart with missing pages, I knew I was going to bring them back to life using my artwork. Using vintage book pages is nothing new in the art world these days, but you will often find them used with something printed on top of them, versus an original piece of artwork. I didn't want to do that. I wanted to create something that was unique, original, beautiful, accessible, and affordable. On the creating end, I could take a limited amount of supplies with me (like I often do with ACEO's) so I could work on them almost anywhere. Working on the Bible pages have especially been rewarding for me lately, allowing me to spend even more time in the Word. It's a win-win!
Blessings to you!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, it is beautiful and inspiring. Do you sell your artwork? I would be interested if you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. Thank you so much!! Yes, I absolutely sell my artwork and I take commissions, as well. For the bible pages I have several vintage bibles I use, so if you have a specific scripture in mind, I very well may have the scripture page available. I also have other vintage books I work from, too. Please feel free to email me and we can discuss details further. Thank you again for your kind words!
      Email: LorrieBennett@DivineDesignArtStudio.com

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...