Pages

June 23, 2015

having fun with watercolor

A lot has been happening around here. School is out for Hannah and Nathaniel, so our daily schedule has changed quite a bit. Trying to keep those 2 busy is a job in itself! I've had some job changes so new doors are opening and I am looking forward to all that lay ahead. In the midst of it all, I've had a chance to play with some new pieces and pick up my watercolors again. I always seem to forget how much I love watercolors.



I've kept most of these pieces small (5x7) so that I could work on different styles and designs without committing to anything too large yet. I am still having such a hard time committing to just one medium or one style. I absolutely love, love, love them all! I couldn't even claim a favorite color if I tried. Do most artists go through this? It is so hard to market what I do with such a wide-ranged style. As a graphic designer I often have to produce a specific style according to the clients requests, so I am used to creating a different 'look' from one job to another. I guess that's where some of this comes from, but really, I have always been this way. Is it a curse or a blessing? I'll just keep creating what is in my heart and God will take care of the rest!

3 comments:

  1. I love the richness of watercolours, need to play around with them more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Such a wonderful painting.
    I really love it! I like all of your designs and paintings. I also appreciate the combination of colors. Fantastic! OMG! I'm so very happy seeing the images of drawings and paintings. Love to see more work from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your wonderful comments! I appreciate hearing from those who come across my blog or my art and let me know it moves them! Always more to come! I often post more regularly on my Instagram account, so take a look there too!
      www.instagram.com/lorriembennett

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...