Pages

October 4, 2009

Teacher, Teacher

Just call me teacher! I am so excited about a new venture that has entered my world recently. I was on my way into one of my addiction stores for some supplies, Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store (yes, they carry a lot of art supplies too), I happened to notice a little sign stating they were needing an artist to teach painting and drawing classes. Hmmmm....this sounded like a possibility. I have often been told I should teach art classes (and have at many a casual settings) and although I am still learning more and more every day, I am sure I would have something to offer. So I met with Ann, the delightful education director and after some discussion and examples of my work...I was in! I'll be working as an independent and although there is a schedule in place already, no one has signed up for the painting classes yet due to their lack of teacher. But that should change soon! There will be your basic painting and One-Stroke painting classes and then I will also offer, what they call, trend classes. Sort of a specialized class. This will be one of the trend classes I'll be offering...

It uses a combination of media, embossing powders and watercolors, which are both great fun to use. The image can be created freehand, from a template or even rubber stamps into many things such as this Christmas card, or framed artwork, ornaments, and decorations. The possibilities are endless.

The embossing actually creates a masking, of sorts, which makes the watercolor process extremely simple! This is a project for even the beginner, believe it or not.

And the final piece has a beautiful, sort of, batik or silk painting look. The embossed areas create a dimension and shine when the light passes it. It's really very beautiful.

When I brought it to the store and Ann was mounting it for display, several bystanders were giving quite a few oohs and aahs and when they found out even a beginner could do this, they became interested in the class!!! Can I get a Woo-Hoo?! Off to a good start! Well, it's time to get back to work. I'm in the process of finishing several pieces for other classes right now, so once done, I'll post those too. So until next time.... Blessings to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...