Pages

September 24, 2009

Art On Vintage Bible Pages

Yes, believe it or not....I'm back, all in the same night! WooHoo! Don't expect this to happen again for sure. Many who know me, know I love books, old books especially. There is something very exciting and mysterious to me about a book. The paper, the binding, the story that lay between the pages. Older books are often so beautiful in its text styles and covers, which is what inspired me recently to use pages from vintage books for my art.

I was originally inspired by a vintage bible I have that is falling apart, with torn pages, etc. It wasn't able to serve its original purpose, but hopefully I could help the pages stay alive (my apologies for the not-so-great photos.) Several of these were 'test pages' of sorts because I wasn't really sure how different medium would take to the pages, especially with the fragile nature of the paper.
I was surprised though. Even watercolors worked well. I also used acrylics, ink and colored pencils. Then I thought perhaps I could create a further message within the text of that page so there were random words within the page or art that I left open, so together it created a message. I'm going to have to scan these and get better images so I can use for prints.
I'm going to continue to work on this concept and see what transpires and I'll post more when done. I really think it's unique and could be quite beautiful.
There is even more to post, but I am just going to have to wait until later. I still have much to finish so I need to get busy with that too. Until we meet again, Blessings to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...