Pages

September 24, 2009

Painting And Drawing And Creating.....Oh My!

Painting and drawing and creating....oh my! Painting and drawing and creating.....oh my! We're off to see the wi.....oops, sorry about that. Got a little crazy, there. Well, let's just say, it's been busy around here lately! Many new ventures are in the works (more info later) and there have been a lot of creating going on. I am in my 'happy place' for sure!

This is a great little project that I just finished 'just for me'! You see....I have an artist pen (and pencil) problem....urhhh....addiction! And I know it will get even bigger as time goes on. It's a sickness! I have been looking for some time now, for a sort of 'holder' of sorts to store them all in. Something that will hold them flat (or preferable at a slight angle), has dividers for the many types of pens/markers and a convenient size to sit on my drawing table. Not to be found! Well, I've been left no choice...I guess it's time to make it myself! I had bought these great little wooden boxes a while back, that I had planned on using with images of my work. But when I looked closer, I realized they were perfect for my little project! I can still get more, so my other idea can still happen.

After sanding them, gluing them all together (with a small lift to give it a slight angle), and spraying them with a sealant, it was time to turn it into 'something special'. Once I started, I couldn't stop. I had so much fun with this.

It was done with a black sharpie and contains some special words.......

Inspire...... Art......

DZine......

Dream......

and Create!! I really like the way it turned out and it was a blast to do. Not only that, but I get to keep it. Love that! I really think I'm going to use this concept on some further pieces too. We'll just have to see. I still have to get the photos together of some of the other pieces I have been working on, but here is a new pendant necklace I just finished. Well, almost finished.

I still have to add a layer of resin, but for the most part, it's finished. I've worn it a few times for feedback and I received many, many comments...all positive. It doesn't really show it in the photo, but the color comes from underneath and the black lays on top, so it has a very unique dimensional look. It measures about 3.75 inches across. It's a real fun piece to wear. Looks like I'll be making quite a few more. Gotta go for now. Until next time....Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...