Pages

August 10, 2010

the aceo challenge - balloon theme

Since joining the ACEtsy Street Team, recently, I have had the opportunity to participate in a couple swaps and challenges. I have really enjoyed all of it. They are a great group! I can't show you the ACEO I did for the swap because they are all still in transit, but the subject was Mermaids. I really look forward to receiving mine! As soon as everyone receives theirs, I will post mine and the one I received. Can't wait.

The ACEO Challenges' theme was Balloons. You could submit up to 3, so I did! I really wanted to step it up a bit and thought I would make mine a bit dimensional, if you will.

I decided to create each ACEO from 2 pieces, cutting out one and mounting it to the other.

The colors are actually sooooo vibrant, I just could could not get the same color intensity here on these photos.

They were all done with watercolors and pen and ink on 180 lb. watercolor paper. I have to say they look so great in person and I really enjoyed making these, that I have several more on my drawing table ready to be cut and mounted. Here's a teaser....

I will probably have these ready tomorrow for the Etsy store. See you then!


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for blogging about The ACEO Challenges. Your balloons are really cool. Wow I wouldn't have known just from the pictures that they are 2 pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam! I really have to get a new camera! LOL! I may repost the pics though. And it looks like all 3 may have been sold this morning! Off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorrie,

    It's not your camera, I have an expensive one and even with my iris folding art I find it is really hard to show the c-d, or layered look!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...