Pages

August 5, 2010

Alive - New Illustration

Just finished a new illustration called 'Alive'.

It is 9" x 12" on Acquarello Artistico Extra White 140 lb watercolor block, using watercolors, india ink in 3 colors...black, sanguine and warm gray). I so love this watercolor paper. When I finished it and looked at it, I felt like it was actually breathing, like it was alive! It's rather warm and colorful in person really. And fun to do!

This is how it started, with a watercolor wash dictating the design. Some more ideas are brewing using this technique so I imagine there will be more to come using this concept.




2 comments:

  1. So enjoyed your wine and canvass class...wanted to know more about your art..,you are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and taking a look around! I am so glad you enjoyed the W&C class, too. Check out my instagram, too, for more recent postings. :)
      www.instagram.com/lorriembennett

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...