Pages

July 30, 2018

snow owl and hexagons

Snow Owl and Hexagons - 10x10 - Wood Canvas, Watercolor, Gouache, Ink, Gold Ink. Sealed w/ UV Satin Varnish

I had such an amazing response with the other owl that I did, so I figured why not? Let's do another owl! and oh, how I love him!!

I have always loved snow owls and really wanted to experiment this time. I kept seeing earthy, earthy colors but really wanted to find a way to incorporate some unexpected bright and trendy color combinations without being too overpowering to the snow owl. And then hexagons showed up over and over in my thoughts, so hexagons it was! Using both watercolors and gouache provided me the opportunity to maximize the transparency of the watercolor, especially for the background and hexagons, and the opaque qualities of the gouache for the snow owl. Once the black ink was discreetly added to enhance details, I was in heaven!! The response and requests were overwhelming and it was another "ah ha" moment for me, for sure!

I do love this new process and believe I will be creating a few more owls. 💛



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...